Wednesday, October 26

Nato Beach, Sagñay

great times...
Nato beach is one of my favorite beaches to visit. I know it’s not as pretty as the other famous ones in Bicol (hello Caramoan & Calaguas!), but I’ve had fond memories of going to Nato when I was growing up. Some of my siblings and cousins would even play hooky just to come here and hang out with their friends. I was never as adventurous though, so there are no wild Nato stories to tell you, unfortunately.


It’s just a 20-minute drive from our place in Tigaon (via Hoyon-hoyon), so when I’m home from Manila--rain or shine--I’d be splashing around here (and occasionally singing horribly bad karaoke) like the year before and the year before that. It just wouldn’t feel like I’ve been home without visiting Nato. I’m just that predictable.


umm, you're supposed to jump, ma!
My cousins Mike and Michelle married into families who own resorts adjacent to each other too, and that just encouraged our gang to visit Nato more often. The cottages here are around ₱100-200, but if you don't want to rent one, you can put a blanket in the sand and you're good to go. You can also buy some blue marlin from the fishermen really cheap and have it grilled right on the beach!

Atulayan island in the background...
Nato beach is also a jump-off point to nearby Atulayan Island, which has a creamy white sandy beach. So if you’d like something more picturesque, it’s just a 30-minute boat ride from here. Also there is a new roll-on/ roll-off (ro-ro) ferry service that leaves daily at 6:30 am for the Caramoan Peninsula, if you're feeling even more adventurous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...