Friday, September 2

Caramoan Adventure

beautiful Manlawi beach, Caramoan
When our planned family trip to Boracay didn’t pan out due to bad weather, we decided to go to Caramoan instead. It’s funny that I’ve never visited ‘til this year. I grew up hearing wonderful things about Caramoan’s beautiful islands since my older brother married someone who was born there.

I spent part of my childhood in the small town of Tigaon—just 2.5 hours away from Caramoan so I’m quite ashamed of myself that I’ve never had any interest to tag along when members of my family would go. Ahh, to be young and really stupid!

I’ve been to lots of other islands like Puerto Galera and Boracay but the Caramoan Peninsula has this virgin island, innocent-but-wild vibe. We sailed to gorgeous islets where we were the only ones there… it’s like being on Survivor without the scrounging-for-food problem!

I was really terribly sorry that I’ve ignored this treasure from my “backyard” for so long. I hope by writing about how awesome Caramoan really is and sharing tons of pics I can make up for my former lack of appreciation. The following posts will be a bit more detailed for members of my family who might want to remember via this blog that… Caramoan really rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...