Sunday, April 29

Silka Seaview Hotel, Hong Kong

clean and comfy
Silka Seaview (formerly Dorsett Seaview) in Yau Ma Tei was the hotel I chose for our Hong Kong trip because it's just right across Hui Lau Shan, the dessert place I was dying to try. Darn my sweet tooth!

the sparkling lobby
There were other cheaper hotels recommended by my travel agent but its proximity to Hui Lau Shan (the Temple Street Night Market was an added bonus also) did it for me.

small but comfortable...
Silka Seaview was newly-renamed and renovated so its lobby looked shiny. The staff were nice and efficient even if it was crowded sometimes. They agreed to keep our bags when we arrived before check in time so we can leave for our tour unencumbered. Even with tourists' comings and goings, we were checked in quickly (with a $300 deposit) when we arrived.



The room and bathroom were small but very clean, with towels and toiletries they replenished each day. They also put an extra bed for me, because my mom, sister and I preferred to stay in one room. There was a flat TV, small refrigerator, kettle and complimentary water, coffee and tea. It's nothing fancy, but it's great value for money.



We had breakfast included in the room package we got. The breakfast they serve at the Jade/Feng Shui Cafe looked the same every morning but since I'm happy as long as I have coffee, ham, bacon and eggs, it was not a problem.

yummy breakfast
nice view of Kowloon
sis and mom in front of Tin Hau Temple across the street
                                   
We enjoyed our stay at The Silka Seaview and would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a hotel near the city center (Tsim Sha Tsui) and it is very close to the train station, Nathan Road, Temple Street Night Market, Jade Market and Ladies Market. The place around the hotel was safe as we walked around looking for bargains. This hotel's definitely worth a try.

Silka Seaview Hotel
268 Shanghai St.
Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon
Hong Kong

Tel: (852) 27820882
Email: info.seaview@silkahotel.com

2 comments:

  1. Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is excellent, as well as the content!. Thanks For Your article...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing excellent information. Your site is very cool. I’m impressed by the details that you have on this web site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched all over the place and just could not come across. What a great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...