Monday, April 30

Lunch @ The Royal Banquet Hall


 We arrived in Hong Kong Disneyland at 2:00pm really famished. If I can go back, I wouldn't have agreed with my travel agent to lump the city tour, jewelry/souvenir shop tours and Disneyland in one day. Six hours was not nearly enough time to see all the attractions in The Magic Kingdom, believe me.


Rushing around from place to place all day was more than we bargained for. Good thing our Mama did not get lost (I had to search for her at the Ocean Park because she walked in the opposite direction from us when we got to The Summit) and was a trooper the whole time.


Upon arrival at Disneyland, we rushed to fill our stomachs first, feeling relieved when we found the Royal Banquet Hall at Fantasyland. It's a food court type place which offers international fair like American, Japanese and Chinese cuisine. It also has a castle vibe with statues of Princess Aurora aka Sleeping beauty and Prince Phillip, Belle and The Beast etc.


Feeling too hungry, we quickly decided on the char-grilled beef steak with rice, veggies and soup. At $80, it's not outrageously expensive when converted to peso (1 HKD = 5.5 PHP) though I must admit the $20 Coke (500 ml.) gave me pause... I mean I could get 3 cokes with that in Manila. Yeah, I'm like that, I love to torture myself when I travel abroad, converting everything in my head to Philippine peso!



The steak was pretty good but what I loved the most was the string beans side dish, steamed to just the right amount of crunchiness--it was utter perfection--and my roiling gastric juices loved it. Oh boy, I was so hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...